{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED...... }

{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED... }

Big Announcement & A Shoe Makeover

Sorry I've been kind of absent in blogland for the last week.  There has been a lot going on behind the scenes at "Inspired By Felicity" recently.

After a lot of planning, thoughtful research and praying I have decided to significantly increase our presence in the Children's industry by expanding the wholesale side of my business.  We are now actively working to get into Showrooms at the major wholesale markets around the country.

We have one market down - We just signed our first showroom contract!  We will now be represented in the Western part of the United States by the July Krause Showroom at California Market Center!


I am working diligently now to find reps in the other markets throughout the country, hopefully by the end of the year.  We have a few different showrooms that are already interested but it's very important to me to make the right decision in choosing the showrooms and reps that will be the right fit and best represent our line.

It's so exciting to see my business grow.  As these doors are opening I am reassured that I did make the right decision two years ago after Felicity was born when I decided to leave my career (Marketing Director for a financial institution) in order to stay home with her and make my "hobby" into a serious business.

{Felicity a few hours after she was born}


Many people (including many members of my family) were not super supportive of the decision.  Some of my friends thought I was crazy, but I knew this was what I needed to do; So with the support of my husband I totally changed directions and I have never looked back or regretted it.

      she believed she could

I am so excited to see what happens as we expand into more showrooms over the coming months!  I will be keeping you updated and appreciate the support of so many of our awesome retail and wholesale customers!

Anyway, switching gears now, I wanted to share with you a little something I recently did with a few minutes of spare time and some ribbon scraps.

 I decided to makeover these cute gold shoes I had that broke.


First I cut off the broken chains, then covered the shoe and exposed imperfections with some brown glitter ribbon.....


Then I put a leopard print trim across that and topped them off with some rhinestones.


I have to admit I am absolutely in love with my "New" old shoes and I'm proud of myself for "recycling" these shoes that would have otherwise ended up in the trash. 

Now I keep looking through mine and Felicity's closets for messed up shoes I can makeover.....

I hope you have an awesome week and if you have an old pair of shoes around you don't wear, I hope maybe you will find something to do to jazz them up and make them special for you again!

P.S.  I have just put a ton of designs on CLEARANCE on my site.  So be sure and check it out.  You can use discount code "Welcome2012" to get an additional 20% OFF the clearance prices.  

Antique Sparkle Jeweled Headband-gold, black, silver, antique, vintage
This is one of the pieces added to the clearance section....
Only $4.79 with discount code!



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on expanding your business!! It's a tough thing to leave a "regular" career to do your own thing, I did it several years ago when I left nursing to follow my dreams, but what an amazing feeling to see your ideas grow and evolve!

    I love what you did with the shoes! That sounds like it could be habit forming, lol!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pamela! Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. And those shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty shoes.= so cute. Come link it up with us: http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Shoes!!! I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/pink-honey-beeswax-lip-balm-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on starting to go National - such wonderful news for you. So excited you have your first showroom contract!!!! Love what you did to the shoes - they look better redone! I am so happy to see your dream and vision come true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found you from Shabby Creek and I have to say the only thing cuter than those shoes is Felicity! My goodness! Could that hair bow be any more precious? Congratulations on your new venture. I'm sure it will be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...